Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Eh, missing me yet? I realized yesterday that I haven't addressed the new Iraq strategy that President Bush outlined last week.. perhaps it was two weeks ago, the days tend to run together.

He's sending 20, 000 more troops over there. I do agree with this plan, my only qualm is that there is no increase in the bombing raids. This is due to, of course, the large presence of American and Coalition forces in country.

I believe that was one of our large errors in the onset of the war. During the first Gulf War, bombing runs were conducted around the clock. Giving the Republican Guard and the Iraqi Army little chance to regroup.

This time around, there wasn't (in my opinion) nearly enough strafing runs to break up the pockets of resistance. Fallujah, Tikrit, Baghdad, Mosul, all of these towns should have been bombed regularly for a week.

Drive the resistance underground, or better yet, destroy it and you have less opposition when the ground troops go in.

Yes, I know about collateral damage, I know that innocents die, and frankly, I wish it would never happen.

But unfortunately, it does. People do die. It happens to be a fact of life, you live, then you die.

Anyway, back to my original topic. 20,000 more troops, Good. More funding, very good.
His only opposition there is going to be his Congress and House. Good luck with Pelosi, Mr President.

What I found ironic is while he took the blame for all of the mistakes that happened. He didn't take the credit for all the good things that have happened.

Let's see, the Iraqi's are no longer oppressed by a dictator, have held democratic elections, have a President, a Constitution, and a myriad of other things.

Wonder who is responsible for all of that?

One person made the decision for that to become possible.
This man has been ridiculed, reviled, insulted, mocked, called names, been "disapproved of" and disrespected by millions. Yet, he is a hero in this day and age.

George W. Bush.

No comments: