Sunday, June 17, 2007

Muse.

Happy Father's Day to the Fathers of the world. :)

I've been blessed with a wonderful dad who happens to still live and torment me.

I say that in jest, although my poor mother probably felt that we tormented her on a regular basis. We were blessed to understand very little of each other, and yet be entirely too much alike. Which made for interesting vacations, road trips, and life in general.

We went through our spells of teenage angst together, though being a girl, it was harder on me then him - at least I think so.

The importance of a Father-figure and the glaring lack of one that has arisen over the last few decades troubles me. And I know it does him as well.

Men that act like men is a dying breed. Men are no longer the head of the household, or the authority figure in America.

Fathers are demeaned on television, and reduced to nothing more than a bumbling fool while the mother and children know best.

But- is that what God planned? No. His plan for the family was one of love and mutual respect. Not a dictatorship, but rather a partnership.

Children need discipline, they need an authority figure. Without one, they learn that they themselves are all the authority they need.

But, that is simply not true. - Law Enforcement, Bosses, CEOs, in any aspect of their life, they are going to have authority.

Without respect and honor for that position, they will not prosper in life.

Men and Women alike. You cannot believe yourself to be the only authority.

No comments: