Thursday, December 28, 2006

Merry Christmas.. belatedly as it may be..

I find myself thoroughly happy that the holiday season is nearly over.
What I don't find myself happy to see leave is our excuse of the holidays.

We now have no reason to treat our fellow man with any sort of compassion.
I had a chance to go into town where I am right now, it was a sight to see.

In a country where any sort of Christmas is non-exsistant, I find myself comparing it to the US during non holiday times. We ignore the needs of others and care only for ourselves.

I know, Americans, the majority of them at least, don't realize how good we have it here.
We don't know what it's like to go without food, without heat, only being able to scrounge enough for your family to eat. Men and women struggle to simply survive over here and in many countries.

Count the number of blankets you have in your house. Count the number of lightbulbs, shoes, or coats you don't wear. Think of a family somewhere in the world, in your state, in your country, in your neighborhood that has none of this.

To quote Dickens, "God Bless us, everyone!"

No comments: