Tuesday, March 13, 2007

This in from Fox news. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,258425,00.html

Democrats upset over firings throughout the nation, are calling for the resignation of Alberto Gonzales, Attorney General.

Gonzales has admitted that mistakes were made in the process. But his biggest mistake? Admitting he made a mistake. The Democrats, emboldened by the increasing silence from the GOP and the White House, have raised yet another outrage.
Upset, that the eight attorneys were fired due to GOP pressure in connection with Democratic Voter Fraud, they have set the world afire with their indignation.

Hm, key words here, "Democratic Voter Fraud." Anyone else see the connotation here?
Howard Dean has said Gonzales "ought to be shown the door — he ought not to be in this administration. We have got to end corruption in our government. It is not OK to be corrupt."

I rest my case. God knows if a Democrat can't stand corruption, then the world is coming to an end.
Have we all forgotten when the Clintons took office, that all of the Attorney Generals were kicked out? There was no hew and outcry over that little scheme. And what about the travel firings? There was no one up in arms over that fiasco.

But, the heat is on, the Democrats are calling for blood. But, to his credit, Gonzales has refused to step down.
Quote,"I've overcome a lot of obstacles in my life to become attorney general. I am here not because I give up, I am here because I learn from my mistakes, because I accept responsibility and because I am committed to doing my job and that is what I intend to do here on behalf of the American people," end quote.

Good for him, but let's see some support from all around.

2 comments:

paradoxically correct said...

Long time no post! Yay for updates.

I agree, full-heartedly. (Unfortunately, I don't spend enough time keeping up with the news. You awesome political person, you!)

Thank'e. I'll keep my head up. :)

paradoxically correct said...
This comment has been removed by the author.